Insights from a Glory-Bound Lady”
Volume 3 Number 30 “In Honor of Your Pastor’s Wife” (Part 2)
August 12, 2020
Years ago Karen and I had the tremendous honor of speaking to pastors and wives at a conference sponsored by the Practical Bible College. Karen spoke to the pastors’ wives about a very real situation that many are facing. Most pastors’ wives are very busy ministering to the needs of the ladies in the church. But who is ministering to her needs? It is my intention in these few weeks to honor pastors’ wives all around the world.
Karen’s outline for the workshop:
1. Preparing for disappointments
2. Sharing our disappointments
3. Caring through our disappointments
Karen wrote: Does it sometimes appear to you that nobody cares about your needs and your heartaches? Does it seem that nobody is listening? Take heart! God has a plan for you and He cares. He wants to make Himself REAL to you as you face your disappointments. Before the disappointment or crisis strikes, determine in your heart:
1. God is in control. “…know that the most High rules in the kingdom of men…” (Daniel 4:32; Isaiah 41:10). Knowing that the Lord is in control, I find security in His person.
2. God does all things right. “As for God, His way is perfect” (Psalm 18:30). Knowing that the Lord does everything right, I submit to His will. Who am I to question God’s plan for my life. I need to have the right view of Who He is.
3. God can do with my life as He chooses because I belong to Him. “What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glory God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). I need to have a proper view of myself. Knowing that the Lord is my God, I surrender to His authority.
Michael’s observation: I need to remember these three things in my personal life. How about you? For sure, disappointments and discouragements will come along. However, may they not come from us! While these three things are good for your pastor’s wife, why not find a way for you and your family to encourage her this week? As you realize the tremendous security you have in Him, as you submit to His will, and as you surrender to His authority, you will be a tremendous blessing to others, including your pastor and wife.