You might be preparing your home for Thanksgiving as you host guests who will celebrate with you. On the other hand, you might be traveling elsewhere to celebrate with family or friends.
The Apostle Peter reminds us to “Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear (1 Peter 3:15).
I want to encourage you to give the Lord Jesus a special place in all your thanksgiving celebrations. Oh, how wonderful it would be if your family could set aside a few special moments to consider His Word and to be encouraged in it. If you are presented the opportunity (you might have to graciously ask), here is a brief passage of thankfulness and a little outline that you are welcome to use.
A Psalm of Daily Practical PraisePsalm 100
1. Our adoration “Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all you lands” (100:1).
2. Our attitude “Serve the LORD with gladness: come before His presence with singing (100:2).
3. Our assurance “Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He Who made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture” (100:3).
4. Our appreciation “Enter in His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name” (100:4).
5. Our allegiance “For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations” (100:5).
Be encouraged. Precious opportunities await as we prayerfully plan for them!