The devil is a murderer and a liar according to John 8:44. He wreaked havoc and heartbreak with our first parents, Adam and Eve. He deceived Eve and then flat out lied to her (Genesis 3:1, 4-5). Adam would follow. From their disobedience to God, death would come into the human family. The devil still instigates lies and deception today. Here are the top ten lies that he whispers to married couples.
10. Just you and your spouse are having problems. You two can’t do anything right.
9. It would be much easier, and you would be much happier, if you divorced your spouse.
8. Your children will not be affected if you get a divorce. They can visit on the weekends and will do just fine.
7. This is a different day and age than when the Bible was written. Get with it and enjoy being free to do whatever makes you happy.
6. You deserve to be happy. Go and find it for yourself.
5. God doesn’t care about you and your problems. If He did, you wouldn’t have these problems.
4. You are wasting your time trying to serve the Lord. It isn’t worth it.
3. The Bible isn’t God’s Word. It’s just a book of stories and myths.
2. You are a failure, and your marriage is a failure. Everything you do is a failure. Just give up.
1. Your problems are impossible to solve. Don’t even try working on them. Just give up.
See your enemy for what he is. He is one who greatly desires to destroy and kill everything that is beautiful about your marriage. The Lord Jesus put it this way, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” (John 10:10). Believe the Lord. Trust His Word. Do what He commands you. You will be glad you did (John 13:17).