“He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed” (Proverbs 13:20).
You can tell a lot about a person by the company he keeps. Solomon gave some very good advice (that he later in life did not keep very well) about the subject of friendship. With this in mind, think of the top five characteristics of wise friendships.
1. My friend loves the Lord Jesus.
2. My friend respects the Word of God and holds it in high esteem.
3. My friend has a strong commitment to the local church and is faithful in attending and serving.
4. My friend is a spiritual encouragement to me.
5. My friend loves me as a friend and is not using for me for ulterior motives. Choose your friends wisely for soon you will become one of them if you are not careful. www.michaelpeck.org