Dr. Mike’s Top Ten Hard-to-Dispute Facts!
10. While not wanting to sound pessimistic, life down here is hard.
9. While not wanting to sound negative, there surely are lots of problems down here.
8. While not wanting to sound discouraged, trials are abounding around us.
7. While not wanting to sound defeated, there are terrible things happening to dear people.
6. While not wanting to sound hopeless, there are situations that seem impossible to resolve.
5. While not wanting to sound cowardly, there are situations that cause significant fear.
4. While not wanting to sound angry, there are heartaches many are bearing that don’t seem to be fair.
3. While not wanting to sound confused, there are times when it is hard to understand.
2. While not wanting to sound doubtful, world conditions continue to worsen.
1. While not wanting to sound arrogant or self-reliant, in spite of all these things I can affirm with absolute confidence that, “Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the field shall yield no meat; the flock be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and He will make me walk upon mine high places” (Habakkuk 3:17-19).
Joy does not depend upon things going well. It depends on my personal relationship with the LORD God!