Five Things Wise Families Consistently Seek to Do
There are some things in life that, simply stated, are always wise to do. It is always wise to have oil in your car. It is always wise to use pot holders to take your hot casseroles out of the oven. It is always wise for you to look both ways before crossing the street. Likewise, there are some things that, simply stated, are always wise to do in your spiritual life.
1. Read your copy of God’s Word daily. “With my whole heart have I sought Thee; O let me not wander from Thy commandments! Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee” (Psalm 119:10-11).
2. Guard your heart earnestly. “Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issue of life” (Proverbs 4:23).
3. Filter your viewed material carefully. “I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes” (Psalm 101:3).
4. Worship with your church family consistently. “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25).
5. Build your life on Christ intentionally. “Therefore whosoever heareth these saying of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock” (Matthew 7:24).